EDD Web-CertSM Tips
Information you will need before beginning the EDD Web-CertSM process:
- Your Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award, DE 429 – This was sent to you with your initial package from the EDD
- Your Guide to Benefits and Employment Services, DE 1275, handbook – This was also sent to you with your initial package from the EDD
- Your Continued Claim Form, DE 4581, for the week(s) you wish to claim benefits
You will be asked to register some personal and claim information. It is important that you remember your User Name, your Password, the security questions you chose, and the answers you provided.
- The phone number you register needs to be the one on your Unemployment Insurance Claim Record. You are not required to enter the area code.
- If you did not provide a phone number on your initial UI application, enter all zeros in the spaces provided.
- The Weekly Benefit Amount is the amount listed on line 4 of the Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award, DE 429. Please enter your Weekly Benefit Amount as shown on your award letter. This is the amount you would receive if you were paid unemployment benefits for only one week, before deductions. Enter only the dollar portion. Be advised that if you are receiving Federal stimulus money, this is not included in your Weekly Benefit Amount.
Choose your own User Name that is a minimum of 8 characters in length. It can be any combination of letters, numbers, or special symbols. You may use an e-mail address as your User Name.
- The Passwordyou choose must be at least 8 characters in length and contain at least
- one uppercase letter and
- one lowercase letter and
- one number and
- one special character from this list only: ! @ # . $ ^ ( ) – _ |
- Make sure you choose a User Name and Password that you can easily remember.
- At registration, you will be asked to choose three security questions and supply the appropriate response. Each response you provide must be unique and at least 3 characters long. For example, you cannot answer each question with the word, “No.”
- If you forget your Password, cannot login, and are unable to recover your Password with the security questions, you will need to submit a request to Ask EDD. Once on that page, from the dropdown menu choose:
- The category “Unemployment Insurance Benefits” then
- The topic “EDD Web-CertSM Forgot Password or User Name”
- You will only be able to certify for the weeks indicated as “Ready to File” on the Claim History page. It would be helpful to have your paper Continued Claim form with you for your own reference.
- Do not use the Back button on your computer’s Internet browser. Navigate only by using the buttons on the EDD Web-CertSM page. Otherwise, the application will close and you will not be allowed to certify on-line for that certification period.
- If you make a mistake, do not click “Refresh.” You will be given an opportunity to correct your mistake before submitting your responses. Once you click “Submit My answers” or “Submit My Weekly Claim” you will not be able to change the answers up to that point.
- Answer the questions only as they apply for the weeks indicated.
- All answers require a response. Your claim will not be accepted until all questions have been answered.
- Your claim has not been submitted until you are sent to the confirmation page that says, “You have successfully submitted your claim…”
- At this time, you will not receive a confirmation of your certification submission. If you want a record of your submitted claim, you will need to print a copy of the confirmation page.
- To avoid delays in processing your certification, please do not mail in your paper Continued Claim form if you file using EDD Web-CertSM.
- Be sure to log out and close the browser when you are finished.