- Retraining programs to train current employees of companies facing out-of-sate competition – primarily companies in manufacturing, high technology, and other high wage/high skill sectors.
- New-Hire programs to train current UI recipients and/or those who have exhausted their UI benefits within the previous 24 months.
- Special Employment Training (SET) programs for companies and/or front line workers who meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Small business owners.
- Workers of companies that do not face out-of-state competition.
- Workers who earn at least the state average hourly wage.
- Workers with barriers to full-time employment.
- Workers employed by companies in seasonal industries.
The ETP also funds training for California’s Green Economy to support workforce development. The ETP is partnering with the California Energy Commission to deliver a workforce development and training program that supports the development and employment of renewable and alternative fuels and clean vehicle technologies in the marketplace.